Environment Capital Partnership
View Peterborough's Environment Capital Manifesto.
The Environment Capital Partnership leads and co-ordinates the work of the partners in achieving Peterborough’s Environment Capital aspiration. It reports directly to the Greater Peterborough Partnership Board.
Through its Sustainable Community Strategy, Peterborough is committed to become the Environment Capital of the UK. This will only become a reality through a series of initiatives that establish Peterborough as the pioneer of environmental change.
The environment agenda represents a unique opportunity for Peterborough. The benefits range from strengthening our economic base to significantly increasing the well-being of individuals. Ambitious policies and activities will need to be set into play that cross-cut the agenda. A step change is required.
The aims of the partnership are to:
- Monitor the Environment Capital Manifesto’s on-going implementation
- Support development of the Environment Capital
- Ensure the environment agenda is positively embraced with the working of all GPP working groups
- Stimulate new partnerships and more effective joined-up working to achieve creative action on the environment theme
- Support the co-ordination of Peterborough’s environmental events and activities